Director of DevelopmentCompany: Madison Country Day School
Date Posted: September 26, 2017
Madison Country Day School in Waunakee, Wisconsin is hiring!
Madison Country Day School, the area’s only PK-12 independent and IB World School, seeks an entrepreneurial and engaging Director of Development to lead the Development Office and all advancement initiatives. As MCDS enters its 21st year of educating students all aspects of the school continue to expand at a thoughtful pace. Effective September 1, 2017, the Director of Development will sustain and drive an exceptionally exciting phase of growth that recently culminated in a $6.7 million capital campaign.
MCDS’ carefully cultivated giving culture developed through authentic relationship building, gratitude events, and a community understanding of prioritizing student learning. We seek a Director who will champion and embrace the MCDS giving culture to enhance existing relationships while building new relationships, systems, and programs to further tap into the significant goodwill and breadth of resources in our community as we enter our third decade.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all aspects of the Annual Giving Campaign and working with the Board Development Committee Chair, trustees, and volunteers to facilitate successful outcomes of that and other annual fund-raising projects;
- Spearheading, further developing, and implementing a diverse and multifaceted fundraising plan, including major gifts, annual giving, events, and corporate and foundation grants;
- Enhancing and implementing MCDS’ long-term fundraising strategy;
- Coordinating the school’s volunteerism efforts;
- Strengthening relationships with the school’s alumni and further developing alumni-related programming;
- Guiding and overseeing the school’s fundraising events, including significant investment in hands-on work for the annual Celebrate MCDS Auction;
- Leading and managing the school’s Development staff.
Critical candidate qualifications include:
- True results driven, entrepreneurial spirit and significant interest in working at a young, vibrant institution;
- Robust relationship-building and solicitation skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that foster community while working with a wide range of individuals from all backgrounds;
- Enthusiastic, energetic, creative “can-do” personal character;
- Strategic thinker combined with efficient organizational skills;
- Experience in effectively managing staff;
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and database management software;
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s welcomed) with at least five years of increased and varied experience in fundraising.
The successful candidate will have a proven fundraising track record, and enjoy the variety of duties typical in a small development office. Including, hands-on fundraising, leading and assisting at events, and working side-by-side with staff and volunteers to foster our current community and create future growth in philanthropy. Prior capital campaign experience is highly desired. The position is a full-time, 12-month position.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials confidentially as separate PDF attachments in a single e-mail to Rachel Fleming, Assistant to the Head of School at MCDS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter expressing your specific interests in Madison Country Day School;
- Current résumé with Education, Experience, and Related Professional Experience including dates;
- Statement of professional philosophy of leadership practice and style, management of programs, and the role of philanthropy in a school;
- List of five references with names, phone numbers, and email addresses for each -- references will be contacted only with the candidate’s permission.