Development DirectorCompany: Catholic Diocese of Madison Foundation, Inc.
Date Posted: February 27, 2018
Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director
The Catholic Diocese of Madison Foundation Inc. (CDMF) is a faith based 501(c)(3) created to support the long term needs of the Catholic Church throughout southern and southwest Wisconsin. The CDMF currently seeks to hire a talented Development Director to work closely with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director in strengthening the impact of the Foundation throughout the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin particularly through the growth of endowments.The Development Director position offers an exceptional opportunity to the right person interested in growing their professional career in fundraising and development at the leadership team level and a desire to live out their Catholic faith.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own the development of an effective donor identification, outreach, cultivation and stewardship program designed to build long term relationships with the CDMF and meet financial targets necessary to enhance the Catholic identity of our diocese including any donor recognition projects.
- Work with the Executive Director to segment fundraising projects and serve as project "manager"
- Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify prospects for cultivation and define a solicitation strategy that works in harmony with Diocesan development effort
- Coordinate and oversee donor contact database for effective identification and stewardship efforts
- Maintain strong, ongoing communications with diocesan development team to assure complimentary donor contacts including opportunities for cross service or bundled service
- Continually explore gift and funding initiatives to be considered for foundation growth (legacy societies, field of interest fund, donor advised funds etc.)
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing the CDMF's annual work plan and budget by forecasting and reporting on all fundraising goals and results including a Scorecard build out which defines
- financial targets
- donor/customer targets
- processes improvement targets
- internal development goals
- Oversee the Development Coordinator position including a work plan which includes quantifiable goals and a means for measuring successful execution
- Participate in board and committee meetings including agenda development, defining items for action and preparing project timelines for approval by the Executive Director
- Manage the administrative relationships with Diocesan service providers on a day to day basis
- Manage the administrative relationship with banks and investment advisors to maintain timely preparation and delivery of reports for committee, financial agent and executive director use
- Manage the quarterly report distribution
- Manage the grant/distribution process
- Create annual marketing plan for approval including annual report, newsletters and promotional pieces
- Plan and execute events, including but not limited to board meetings, donor engagements, promotional events and educational workshops including planning retreats
- Guide and oversee website and social media presence
- Manage a "value-add" promotion partnership for endowment fund holders to effectively market gift options and grow established endowment funds. This partnership will include creating parish relationships with pastors, principals, ministry leaders, community professionals and target donors capable of providing support to existing funds
- Represent the CDMF to external audiences including parish presentations, community, and diocesan events
- Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum 5 years' experience including proven development, marketing and management work experience – CFRE a plus
- Exceptional level of leadership and management skill including interpersonal skills required to work with diverse constituent groups
- Strong understanding of financial management
- Experience in working with varied boards and committee structures
- Recognized relationship development success
- Strategic thinker
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: CDMF@diocesemadisonfoundation.org
Competitive compensation package including generous benefits. Starting salary based on qualifications and experience.
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis until a successful candidate is identified.