Development DirectorCompany: United Way of Dane County
Date Posted: April 9, 2018
Key Responsibility Area: Strategy
- Strategize with supervisor, peers and Director of Major Gifts to identify high potential accounts and develop a fundraising and year-round engagement strategy for each account based upon targeted research at each company.
- Identify, strategize, and pursue new business accounts within select industries.
- Identify “qualified” leads for year-round Individual and Major Gift prospecting
- Working with Development Operations staff support campaign volunteers through research on industry/geographic trends and develop and implement peer-to-peer engagement strategies for new and existing company lead volunteers.
Key Responsibility Area: Management
- Manage a diverse account portfolio focused on raising resources and exceeding goals in corporate campaigns.
- Manage and act as team lead for one company in the “concierge” relationship segment group.
- Manage and grow Tocqueville and Key Club donors within account portfolio.
- Work closely with Director of Individual and Major Gifts to communicate opportunities for endowment of gifts through the UWDC Foundation.
- Work closely with key volunteers and executives within accounts to plan and implement corporate campaigns and implement year-round engagement strategies in active companies.
- Develop and maintain Campaign Cabinet Committee.
- Closely manage Loaned Executive (LE) workforce ensuring corporate campaigns are executed in a timely manner and with strong attention to customer service and campaign results are audited when possible before LE departure.
Key Responsibility Area: Donor Engagement
- Strategic engagement of companies year round through creation and implementation of specific donor/corporate engagement strategies in partnership with Community Impact and/or Volunteerism.
- Serve as staff liaison to one giving society and/or affinity group to recruit, retain and grow participation.
Key Responsibility Area: Data and Reporting:
- Work closely with the Development Operations department to maximize participation in assigned electronic pledging campaigns. Serve as point person with participating companies and ensure all deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on updating corporate and individual donor information.
- Working with Development Operations team to manage campaign reports and ensure processed accounts reflect audit paperwork and envelopes are audited completely and correctly.
- Investigate campaign results that have not arrived and secure results.
Support of Overall Organization:
- Participate in organizational planning, strategy and program development and activities of the organization as appropriate or determined. Activities include: staff meetings, departmental meetings, Cabinet meetings and other staff and volunteer events.
External: Volunteers, Volunteer Committees, Donors, Businesses
Internal: Volunteer committees, Marketing, Information Services, Finance and Administration, and Community Impact departments.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: At least three years experience in sales, marketing, public relations, management and/or fundraising
Knowledge: General knowledge of sales, training, public relations, management and fundraising. Understanding and ability to work with data, projects, facilitate meetings, volunteer management, word-processing and spreadsheets. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer systems including Microsoft 365 and the ability to learn client data management platforms.
Skills: Highly effective written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate volunteers and staff. Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds. Good organizational and time management skills. Strong planning skills with attention to detail.