Membership AssistantCompany: Olbrich Botanical Society
Date Posted: April 10, 2018
MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANT – Olbrich Botanical Society
The Membership Assistant will support Olbrich Botanical Society’s fundraising success by ensuring timely and accurate processing of donations and supporting membership drive operations.
Hours will peak during times of high workload, for an average of 18 hours per week over the course of the year. The schedule for daily work hours is negotiable and flexible within regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
Data Processing (80%)
- Direct Mail Receipt Entry
- Accurately enter membership dues and donations.
- Monitor direct mail schedule for timely data entry.
- Review member and donor contact information and make updates as necessary.
- Infer and make decisions on donor intent when vague or unclear on reply forms.
- Follow protocol for security of personal information.
- Process matching gifts and donations made through alternative giving platforms as requested.
- Make data entry updates to database based on NCOA reports.
General Membership Program Support (15%)
- Prepare timely membership materials and acknowledgements.
- Field calls from members needing assistance, helping them with replacement membership cards, questions about their memberships, etc.
- Fulfill donation requests from non-profits looking for fundraising support.
- Supervise membership data volunteers.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process membership transactions, manipulate data and manage member records with exceptional accuracy and timeliness to meet deadlines.
- Use software for communication and data processing. Previous experience with ALTRU and/or Salesforce is desired, but not required.
- Handle member and donor information with discretion and in accordance with data security protocols and the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics.
- Communicate clearly and positively with staff, volunteers, and members.
- Work productively in a shared workspace with moderate background noise.
- Work at a computer for several hours at a time.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to use and learn common Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working with databases.
- Efficient typing speed with a high degree of accuracy.
- Self-management skills to carry out tasks and meet deadlines independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Resiliency to manage stress in times of heavy workload.
- Commitment to respectful, open workplace communications.
- Availability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours during membership drives.
DESIRABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior success in a role that included significant data entry, either paid or volunteer.
- Prior experience using a donor or customer database.
- Prior experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Appreciation for the operations and mission of non-profit work.
SALARY: The expected pay for this position is $14 - $15 per hour; actual pay will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Open until filled. To apply, please email ALL of the following items to Joe Vande Slunt at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Olbrich Botanical Society, 3330 Atwood Avenue, Madison, WI 53704, ATTN: Joe Vande Slunt
1. A detailed resume.
2. A brief narrative (1 page or less preferred) outlining how your experience compares to the job duties, essential functions and qualifications for this position.
3. The completed Olbrich Botanical Society employment application, which can be downloaded by clicking here.
Direct inquiries to: Joe Vande Slunt, Olbrich Botanical Society, 3330 Atwood Ave, Madison, WI, 53704; email@example.com
Prior to appointment to this position, a criminal records review will be conducted.
Olbrich Botanical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.