Greater Madison Chapter Benefits of Joining
There is no better time to join AFP! AND, if you join by November 30th you receive $50 off your membership! Click here for details
Madison's AFP Chapter offers:
AFP Greater Madison Chapter and International Membership Benefits
Professional Advancement and Networking
- Invaluable networking opportunities with colleagues as the only professional organization for fundraising professionals.
- Monthly chapter meetings that include educational programs for members, yet-to-be members, and guests.
- Access to the chapter's Webinar Library with over 40 to choose from. These programs are produced by AFP International (IHQ) that offer presentations from world-class experts.
- Comprehensive course that offers experienced fundraising professionals an opportunity to review the main components of a complete fundraising program.
- Annual intensive one-day workshop on a specific fundraising topic.
- Professional growth and leadership opportunities by serving alongside colleagues on Chapter committees.
- Opportunity to connect with members who have offered their expertise in particular fundraising specialties to fellow members in need of advice (contact Chapter Administrator at email@example.com for a referral).
Member Incentives, Discounts, Scholarships, and Fellowships
- Member scholarships for attendance at the International Conference and other local, regional, and national professional development programs.
- Discounted rates on monthly meetings and webconferences.
- Discounted attendance to the annual Fundraising Day Wisconsin conference.
- Discounted rates on IHQ programs such as the AFP International Conference and online professional development courses.
- CFRE and ACFRE certification discount.
- Free copies of research study results such as the AFP Compensation and Benefits Study, Fundraising Effectiveness Study and Nonprofit Research Collaborative Survey.
- Exclusive access to the members-only National Philanthropy Day event pre-sale.
Chapter Member-to-Member Communication
- Member directory containing profiles of each member.
- Chapter e-newsletter, published four times a year.
- Chapter website
- Frequent information about position openings in the local community and nationwide, through Chapter job board and IHQ’s eWire newsletter.
- Ability to post your job announcements and resume on IHQ website.
- IHQ’s Government Affairs staff and Political Action Committee works to advance and protect the best interests of fundraising and the nonprofit sector whenever related laws and regulations are developed.
- Local public policy updates via e-newsletter and on Chapter website.
Advancing Philanthropy in Our Community
- Through committees, Chapter members can join in collective action – together with our community partners – to develop and implement new initiatives that will sustain and extend Greater Madison’s culture of generosity well into the 21st Century.
- Through National Philanthropy Day, our chapter educates the public on the vital role that philanthropy, the nonprofit sector, and our profession play in sustaining our community’s quality of life.
- Our chapter is working with colleagues from the UW-Madison to establish a Collegiate Chapter, which will help provide leadership for the next generation of fundraisers.
Other Services from AFP International
- Resource Center, which provides customized research assistance on fundraising issues and best practices.
- Basic through advanced education and publications in fundraising principles and practice.
- Bi-monthly magazine, Advancing Philanthropy.
- Weekly AFP eWire email newsletter.
- AFP website, www.afpnet.org.
- Free, confidential consulting service on ethical dilemmas faced by members on the job.